About the Planter
Originally from the Dominican Republic, Ruben came to Brooklyn, NY at the age of 13. His wife Susanne is a native New Yorker from the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Although they were both raised in NYC, they have a strong burden for the people and families of Union City, N.J. or as they like to call it the 6th borough of NYC. Ruben and Susanne have two children Lucas David (11) and Hanna Joy (3)
About the Church/Area
Our quest began as Philip's did in Acts 8 in bringing the transforming gospel so that there will be great joy in the city. City of Joy is a church plant with the purpose of encouraging individuals to growth in a relationship with Jesus and experience the Love, Hope, Grace and Joy that only God can provide.
Union City has a population of more than 96,000 within a 1.25 square-mile area, making it the second densest city in the U.S. where more than 62 percent of the families live under the poverty line. Our focus right now is to serve the community and to share the light and transforming power of the gospel of Jesus Christ to make sure families are united in Him and experience God’s love, hope and grace to the fullest.
Get in Touch
How to Get Involved
- That we don’t neglect to commune with God and to love our wives and families in these busy times.
- For wisdom in the building stages of the church as we choose leaders.
- That the building would not distract us from our mission to spread the gospel.
- Share this church plant with people you know
- Visit our beautiful city in small teams while being intentional about living the gospel.
- Send teams to help prayerwalk and do mission work.
- Give to the Co-operative program and the Annie Armstrong offering.
- Consider making a financial gift directly to the church plant.
There are numerous ways to help a church plant, including some not listed on this website. Please contact us for more information about how to help this planter. Please refer to NAMB’s website for the official policy statement concerning providing for church plants.