About the Planter
Carlos and Madai have been married for almost 17 years and are the parents of Josh, Hannah and Avery. As New Jersey natives, the Socas know what it’s like to be a believer in the great religious and ethnic diversity of the New York Metro area. Their desire is for the many people groups represented in the area to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" - 2 Peter 3:18. They trust that God will use Christ Our Hope Church to His glory and the joy of many. Carlos will serve as the lead pastor.
About the Church/Area
Clifton, just 12 miles west of Manhattan, is where we will plant a center of hope that will equip believers, tell many about Christ, send out church planting teams, and be a catalyst for change in our community. A cross between the suburbs and an urban area, Clifton breathes diversity, including fast-growing populations of Spanish and Arabic- speaking people. The largest ancestry groups in Clifton are Italian-American, Polish-American, Irish-American and German-American. Many Turkish, Albanian, and Ukrainian immigrants also live in Clifton. “...That your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations” - Psalm 67:2.
Get in Touch
How to Get Involved
- That we don’t neglect to commune with God and to love our wives and families in these busy times.
- For wisdom in the building stages of the church as we choose leaders.
- That the building would not distract us from our mission to spread the gospel.
- Share this church plant with people you know
- Visit our beautiful city in small teams while being intentional about living the gospel.
- Send teams to help prayerwalk and do mission work.
- Give to the Co-operative program and the Annie Armstrong offering.
- Consider making a financial gift directly to the church plant.
There are numerous ways to help a church plant, including some not listed on this website. Please contact us for more information about how to help this planter. Please refer to NAMB’s website for the official policy statement concerning providing for church plants.