About Southwestern Connecticut
Southwest Connecticut, often referred to as the “Gold Coast” is a collection of villages, towns and cities in close proximity to New York City. Many people of influence who work in NYC and in the surrounding area find their home in Southwestern Connecticut. It includes the entire southern portion of Fairfield county.
People here work long hours and a good portion of people here spend some considerable time commenting back and forth from Connecticut to NYC. With its suburban feel, good schools, many amenities, and easy access to the city, it is a an area of great to raise a family, but have access to the city.
The area is also known for its concentration of wealth. Some of the wealthiest areas of the Unites States are located within this region. The opportunities for new churches are incredible! With growing communities, great influence and suburban/urban connection, this is a great place to live and do ministry.
There are so many towns and villages. With such diversity of people and many different areas to love, this is a perfect place to consider planting a new church!
How to Get Involved
- That God will send planters to this area to do the work.
- That the Lord of the Harvest will prepare the hearts of the people here.
- That God will let you know if He wants you to be involved.
- Share the need in this area with people you know.
- Consider visiting the area as you pray for how God may want you to be involved.
- Bring or participate in a mission trip to the area.
- Consider making a financial gift to a church plant in the area.
- Consider supporting a church plant or planter on an ongoing basis.
- Continue supporting the North American Mission Board through your church’s mission program.