About the Areas
The North Country (Adirondack region) of the state of New York is and runs to the Canadian border serves as the northern border of the region It is made up of five counties: St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, Essex and Hamilton counties.
The Adirondack Park is one of the most spectacular natural attractions in NY and lies only four hours north of New York City, and two hours south of Montreal. Spanning six-million-acres of mountains, lakes, rivers and valleys from the shores of Lake Champlain, to the expansive Tug Hill Plateau near Lake Ontario, a visit to the Adirondacks should be on every travel lovers bucket list!
The Adirondacks are a top destination to go camping in NY, providing opportunities for island camping, backcountry treks, guided Glamping excursions and handicap accessible lean-tos at campgrounds such as John Dillon Park in Long Lake. The Adirondack Region is a wilderness destination that everyone can access and enjoy.
It is a outdoor paradise. If you love the outdoors and beauty of a more rural setting, with smaller towns and villages, but with a proximity to the larger cities of Albany (south) and Burlington (VT) – then is a great place to plant a church. The opportunities are endless here!
How to Get Involved
- That God will send planters to this area to do the work.
- That the Lord of the Harvest will prepare the hearts of the people here.
- That God will let you know if He wants you to be involved.
- Share the need in this area with people you know.
- Consider visiting the area as you pray for how God may want you to be involved.
- Bring or participate in a mission trip to the area.
- Consider making a financial gift to a church plant in the area.
- Consider supporting a church plant or planter on an ongoing basis.
- Continue supporting the North American Mission Board through your church’s mission program.