Church Planter Development Process
- Register at Mobilize Me. If you are working with a missionary, provide the name of the missionary or Church Planting Catalyst (CPC)
- Complete first Missionary Inventory during registration.
- A Church Mobilizer will contact you by email to discuss your calling and your life history.
- You will be contacted by the BCNY Church Planting Director or NYC Send City Coordinator.
- Read the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Note that it is in several languages. www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp
- Read the NAMB Code of Conduct. (Rules of Behavior)
- You will be assigned a CPC and will need to complete an Exploring Church Planting List of Questions.
- Your CPC will meet with you and discuss:
- Your calling to church planting
- Our multiplying vision & important values for church planting
- An overview of the church planting process
- Expectations and shared commitments of our journey together
- Using the NAMB Church Planting Online Tools such as Mobilize Me, MSC Training and the Planting Projector
- Your community profile (details of community) and partnership opportunities
- Questions related to church planting or the process in general
- An agreement for continuing the process
- A financial credit report and background check will be required
- Monthly reporting in the website: www.bcnychurchplanting.org
- You will enter the application process.
- Complete the Online Application by opening email sent to you by NAMB and following the instructions. You will need your original name and password. Follow up with your references to make sure they received an email from NAMB requesting your reference form.
- Complete online Assessments that include (assessment costs are reimbursed upon approval):
- Emerging Leadership Initiatives (ELI) Full Planter Profile
- Prepare-Enrich Marriage Assessment (if married or engaged)
- Church Leader Inventory (CLI) and if applicable, Church Leader Spouse Inventory (CLSI), a Spanish version of Lifeway Assessment (as option)
See www.namb.net/assessment for more information
- Once completed, contact your CPC to register for the 2-day Assessment.
- The 2-day assessment in NY has two parts:
- The first 1 1/2 days you and your spouse will go through an evaluation process by church planter assessors to consider your readiness to plant a church.
- Your assessment inventories and church planting exercises will be used in the evaluation.
- You will need to be ready to present:
- 10-minute sermon
- 15-minute discipleship strategy plan
- The second part is a 1/2 day Next Steps Training on Funding, Prayer, and How to Engage the Community.
- The Assessment Team presents an evaluation and a Development Plan to you.
- Once approved, contact your CPC to sign up for Church Planting Training, this is required for potential funding.
- This 2-day Church Planting Training event Focuses:
- Developing a Kingdom of God philosophy, personal character, leadership abilities, evangelism and ministry strategy and putting together all the parts of church planting strategy plan.
- Projects from the Next Steps Training provide research in the creation of this church planting strategy plan.
- Prepare a church planting strategy plan and have it evaluated by other new church planters, experienced church planters and CPC’s.
- Once you have discussed your church planting strategy with your CPC, you will be asked to submit a 5 year growth and budget plan through the online tool.
Coach & Network
- Once you have completed the previous steps and your CPC has reviewed/ approved your Planting you will have access to…
- Partnership (supporting church) Opportunities
- Send Network CP Benefits
- CP Farm System
- Training/Fellowship meetings with other planters
- Apply for SBC Identification Number for your church plant
- In addition, you will be assigned a church planting coach/advisor to encourage and help you grow, a church planting catalyst to help you work through the challenges of planting, and a church planting network of brothers to support and help you grow.